Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrician
who is responsible for "dedicated space",the plumber who put his waste above the equipment? the electrician who placed his equipment below the waste? the engineers who drew the waste above the equipment? or the super who said "just do it" ?.

wbalsam1

who is responsible for "dedicated space",the plumber who put his waste above the equipment? the electrician who placed his equipment below the waste? the engineers who drew the waste above the equipment? or the super who said "just do it" ?.

The Building Official who is ultimately required to issue a certificate evidencing compliance with all the referenced code standards. :smile:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician

So how was your day?

Its Friday evening, relax.

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
So how was your day?

Its Friday evening, relax.

Hey I sympathize. I've been on the frustrating end of the "just do it" comment a couple of times. One thing painfully evident is that no matter how much I talk about wanting to do everything the perfect way on this forum in the real world the bottom falls out of that theory quickly.

BTW it may be Friday but I got to get up at 5:00a tomorrow to be at work...

erickench

I've seen too many bad drawings in my day. In fact I've made a career out of finding mistakes on drawings and specs. Where was the field engineer when this facility was being built? It's his job to make the change in the field.:mad:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The GC, in my opinion.

Added: Celtic's, too.

SEO

As an electrical inspector I cite the code violation and leave the tag for the electrical contractor. More times than not it's not the electrical contractors fault that foreign equipment is in his dedicated area but I can only issue the violation to him. It's up to the EC to take his issue up with the appropiate person. I feel for the EC because it seems that they are the one that has to correct the problem even thou they didn't create it. It happens a lot in residential where a furnace is in front of a panel, piping thru dedicated space etc.

dcspector

As an electrical inspector I cite the code violation and leave the tag for the electrical contractor. More times than not it's not the electrical contractors fault that foreign equipment is in his dedicated area but I can only issue the violation to him. It's up to the EC to take his issue up with the appropiate person. I feel for the EC because it seems that they are the one that has to correct the problem even thou they didn't create it. It happens a lot in residential where a furnace is in front of a panel, piping thru dedicated space etc.

Steve I agree. It is unfortunate that 110.26(F) is only in the NEC. There should be a section in the IPC, IMC and NFPA 13 for the other trades. That is why I posted RFI in my previous post. The EC should notice this before calling for an inspection and have an RFI created. Normally around here it is shown on the coordination drawings just like it is installed. Now the ball is in the MEP designers court.

cadpoint

Steve I agree. It is unfortunate that 110.26(F) is only in the NEC. There should be a section in the IPC, IMC and NFPA 13 for the other trades. That is why I posted RFI in my previous post. ....

This begs an answer of are the other codes allowed input like the NFPA does?
Are any of the other codes even as approachable as the NFPA is in respects to the IBC, the IPC, IMC.

dcspector

This begs an answer of are the other codes allowed input like the NFPA does?
Are any of the other codes even as approachable as the NFPA is in respects to the IBC, the IPC, IMC.

I put in a change many moons ago to the IPC and IMC and was turned down. So basically all falls down on The EC.....which really S**ks

480sparky

If another trades causes a violation of 110.26, I simply tell them they need to change it.

I usually get an "I don't follow electrician rules!" response, so I tell them they still need to change it because I will fail my inspection, which will hold up the CoO, which will cause the GC to tell them to change it.

So they just as well change it now rather than later. But it's up to them when they want to do it. No skin off my nose.....

SEO

If another trades causes a violation of 110.26, I simply tell them they need to change it.

I usually get an "I don't follow electrician rules!" .....

Electricians seem to be better educated in codes and standards. I'd like to see their response if you secured your equipment to their equipment or placed some of your equipment in their way. I don't think that giving an answer of "I don't follow plumber, hvac etc. rules would fly!"

Status
Not open for further replies.