State master cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning777

Alright in a nutshell...I have been in the electrical field for over 20 years,I have an accredited apprentice degree,non-union,and also a union apprentice diploma,jouneyman wireman card,Plus I am registered in philadelphia under there electrical contractors licence-[test]
Pennsylvania does not have state wide licencing-I am a registered electrical contractor with the state.
My problem is that some townships demand a "master electrician" certification, of which I know of none in existence that is offered by the state?-My question is -how do I prove to these townships my education?? They won't except my journeyman wireman card, phila. licence etc. Any help would be appreciated,I don't see it necessasary to take the master exam offered on this site if I do not need to-anyone in the field I speak with knows nothing of this in PA.-The particular townships have no advice other than to say"we need something that says you are a master electrician"!!:mad:

Thanks rob

satcom

I never understood why PA never went with a state license, from what I hear, there is a small group that opposes it every time it comes up for a vote, In my opinion, the only way, any progerss is going to be made is with state wide license, is for All the contractors state wide to lobby for licensing. In Jersey the Independent Contractors Assn. lobbied for licenising, and were sucessfull in getting the ball rolling in 1961.

RH1

My problem is that some townships demand a "master electrician" certification, of which I know of none in existence that is offered by the state?

Ask them to clarify whet they mean by "Master Electrician" certification, since they are the one's demanding proof, they should be able to tell you what they accept as proof and from whom.

Status
Not open for further replies.