NETA (Powertest)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

Anyone going to attend the NETA (Powertest) conference in San Antonio next week? I propose a mike holt forum outing for a few beverages.

zog

Wow, that many huh?

I am suprised, with all the discussions here about electrical testing and all the interest from so many on learning about electrical testing that no one is going. This is the best place to learn about testing power systems.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
OK, I'll comment. I'd love to join you. I am sure I can get my brother to put me up for a day or two. But I don't think I can get my boss to buy the plane ticket or to give me the time off. Sorry.

zog

Well the first annual MH code fourm meeting at Powertest was a good time, we ate and drank too much and had some heated NEC and Safety discussions.

jdsmith

Who else attended in addition to you? Powertest looks like an event that I need to convince somebody to send me to, along with PCIC.

brian john

as soon as they move it to vegas or atlantic city I'm there

Not me I think these meetings should be in a practical place, easy in easy out, with little distraction for the attendees to waste their time on. You are there to learn and expand you self in the trade, not party.

For many employees trying to get a boss to approve a trip to a known party city is a tough sell. Having said that when they do Salt Lake I'll attend................. the slopes at Alta, Snowbird, and.....

nakulak

Not me I think these meetings should be in a practical place, easy in easy out, with little distraction for the attendees to waste their time on. You are there to learn and expand you self in the trade, not party.

For many employees trying to get a boss to approve a trip to a known party city is a tough sell. Having said that when they do Salt Lake I'll attend................. the slopes at Alta, Snowbird, and.....

partied there too, nice place (except when you go into town do they still make you buy little bottles and mix the drink yourself ? )

that being said . . . its enough to have to work like a dog, having meetings at places like vegas allows people to mix business with pleasure, have a good reason to go, yet deduct a portion on taxes ---if any of my mentors taught me anything, finding tax deductions to allow you to take a vacation allong with some work is something you should strive for (jmshio and not trying to hijack the thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.