NEC Rule 1029 -tapping main

Status
Not open for further replies.

GISdude

Does anyone know where the Rule "1029" of the NEC? I am researching on how a contractor can tap a 200A house meter on the main buss of a 2000A main breaker, but I just can't find the rule in the book.

I'm using the NEC 2005 book.

Thx

KevinVost

Rule "1029"???? The NEC is not set up in that fashion. Look in the 2005 NEC and you'll see that the different sections are set up as articles with a xxx.xx numbering system. Can you explain the "rule" you are looking for information on?

From your question it looks like you are trying to add a sub-metered panel to your existing gear. Is this the case?

iwire

Staff member
Does anyone know where the Rule "1029" of the NEC? I am researching on how a contractor can tap a 200A house meter on the main buss of a 2000A main breaker, but I just can't find the rule in the book.

I'm using the NEC 2005 book.

Thx

If the 2000 amp bus has overcurrent protection ahead of it the tap rules in 240.21 apply and this could be done.

If the 2000 amp bus does not have overcurrent protection then the rules in Article 230 apply and this could be done.

GISdude

1025 Rule

1025 Rule

I would guess the NEC 1025 Rule is ...........the 10 foot and 25 foot tap rules.

see references in the above posts.

Thanks for all the help. I suspect you're right. I think the City Inspector might have said it wrong, or I heard it wrong. Anyways, a little more research on my part is prolly in order...

Status
Not open for further replies.