cheap fein blades....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOOL_5150

mivey

Ditto Matt's comment as I also would like to know how they work. I have been holding out on getting some replacements because of the cost.

Matt: Is your's the clip-on/how do you like it? My Fein with bolt-on is okay, but I think the clip-on looks so much easier.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Ditto Matt's comment as I also would like to know how they work. I have been holding out on getting some replacements because of the cost.

Matt: Is your's the clip-on/how do you like it? My Fein with bolt-on is okay, but I think the clip-on looks so much easier.

i just ordered 10 of them.... there's a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on them.
they do paypal... it's a flooring company who obviously uses enough of them
to make sourcing them worthwhile, and decided to make a bit on the side for
their trouble.

$9.50 each including shipping. no tax. pretty hard to go wrong on that.

as for the old style fein, versus the new style fein, i've used both, and the
new one is worth the money. quick, easy, doesn't wiggle at all on the shaft....

randy

mivey

as for the old style fein, versus the new style fein, i've used both, and the
new one is worth the money. quick, easy, doesn't wiggle at all on the shaft....

randy
Ever determine for sure why there are two different size washers on the old style?

mivey

i used a fien tool to cut in a receptacle on a nice piece of finished wood and it worked beautiful. to obad i cant afford to buy one
I avoided it for a long time, but now that I have one, I would skip a few meals to get one.

It is as unique as having a dremel tool or rotozip or sawzall, etc. You will find a place to use it, and justify the time saved.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I'm interested in buying some also. Please keep this post alive if the blades are worth it.

Thanks,

Phil

TOOL_5150

I have the one that uses the clip. Its very quick to change blades and they stay very tight.

~Matt

Fulthrotl

I'm interested in buying some also. Please keep this post alive if the blades are worth it.

Thanks,

Phil

ok... the blades arrived today, and they don't look as spiffy doodle as fein
blades, but they are $9, instead of $48, so i am ok with that.... they look
like they will work well for cutting drywall and framing, which is most of what
i end up doing... there is a guy in san francisco who makes fein blades as
well, he sells on ebay.... his look like a bit higher quality blade stock, but
they are $18 each....

this is a little guy doing this.... i got a handwritten post it note stuck to one
of the blades, thanking me for my order, and wishing me well...:D

i'll call it worth the money.

randy

Fulthrotl

ok... the blades arrived today, and they don't look as spiffy doodle as fein
blades, but they are $9, instead of $48, so i am ok with that.... they look
like they will work well for cutting drywall and framing, which is most of what
i end up doing... there is a guy in san francisco who makes fein blades as
well, he sells on ebay.... his look like a bit higher quality blade stock, but
they are $18 each....

this is a little guy doing this.... i got a handwritten post it note stuck to one
of the blades, thanking me for my order, and wishing me well...:D

i'll call it worth the money.

randy

a tasty update.....
these blades are about 3/8" shorter than a standard fien blade. they don't
make quite as clean a cut. for drywall and rough work, they are ok, and the
price is right. $9.

right now, looking on ebay, dealers are dumping fein blades.... $38 blades are
going for $14... these are fein combo wood + metal blades. ten packs for
$145

GilbeSpark

Check out the Dremel Multi-Max blades, I've read they're interchangeable with the Fein's. They're only $10, check em out.

GilbeSpark

I just picked up the Dremel Multi-Max tonight. It's a nice tool and for the money compared to the Fein you can't beat it. It's $99 compared to $400. On the accessories sheet it states that all of the Multi-Max accessories are compatible with the Fein and Bosch tools.

danickstr

Fein just dropped the prices on thier blades, so check with your original supplier, you may get a pleasant surprise, once he of course sells the stock he paid the old price for. Nothing sharp can cut plaster very long, unfortunately. But I use the carbide blades in a power tool and it seems to go alright, or I switch to a sharp blade once the plaster is cut away.

quogueelectric

Hi How do they work on plaster and wood lathboard?
I have the multimax grout blade 30 bucks, and it is some type of grit I have been pretty happy with it so far as it doesnt make a big mess just vibrates the grout to powder and it lays right where it was ground up instead of all over the room in a 20,000 rpm dust cloud. Waiting for the vacuum cleaner.

plate

I will be cutting in about 9 single gang boxes in plaster/lathe in about 2 weeks. I read about the Fein multi-master, Rockwell and Dremel, but I am skeptical about cutting into plaster and (switching blades if i have to) to cut the lathe.

I have been burned before by company reps saying, "yeah that this tool will work for that," only to buy it and then find out it works poorly for 'that.' I want to make clean holes and avoid leaving alot of lead dust behind.

Do anyone have any direct experience with these multi-master tools in this application?

Status
Not open for further replies.