A.C. disconects

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.:)

There is no minimum height for A/C disconnects in the NEC, you can put them as low as you want.

Chris

480sparky

......., you can put them as low as you want.

Chris

Unless you're the poor slob who has to work on it.......

oops04.jpg

I got stuck installing this after someone else got lazy and just stubbed the cable out from the basement. Nothing like laying on the frozen ground to make it up.
846.gif
And I feel sorry for any AC tech who has to do the same to pull the disco.

And I, too, welcome you to the forum!
emoticons_spot_party.gif

raider1

Staff member

oops04.jpg

I got stuck installing this after someone else got lazy and just stubbed the cable out from the basement. Nothing like laying on the frozen ground to make it up.
846.gif

emoticons_spot_party.gif

I am not saying that a location like this is a good idea, just not an NEC violation;)

Chris

dreamsville

oops04.jpg

846.gif

emoticons_spot_party.gif

I think I would have stubbed it up the side of the wall in conduit to get the disco off the ground. I'd be afraid of melting snow or high water etc... ;)

480sparky

I think I would have stubbed it up the side of the wall in conduit to get the disco off the ground. I'd be afraid of melting snow or high water etc... ;)

Whoever roughed that in just drilled out from the basement. I prefer to go outside and stand with a drill and say, "If I was going to install the disco/pull the disco for service work, I'd want it right......here!" And that's where I drill. Then I find a path back to the panel from there.

So when I trim it out, the disco is at a comfortable height to not only install, but for the AC tech to utilize.

Status
Not open for further replies.