You hiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnkldorf

For those of you hiring, and those that might be in the future, can I mention that hiring a military veteran will get you a $6000 tax credit, and if you hire a disabled(>10%) veteran, you can claim up to a $12,000 tax credit.

Under the Work Oppurtunity Tax Credit (WOTC), employers can recieve tax credits which would help your bottom line some.

Plus it would help them out.

gndrod

For those of you hiring, and those that might be in the future, can I mention that hiring a military veteran will get you a $6000 tax credit, and if you hire a disabled(>10%) veteran, you can claim up to a $12,000 tax credit.

Under the Work Oppurtunity Tax Credit (WOTC), employers can recieve tax credits which would help your bottom line some.

Plus it would help them out.

Thanks Dnkldorf, That is some good heads-up data.

dan55

The answer to my above question is no. Just called our state office and it must be applied for within 28 days of hiring. Wish I would've known this before. I like tax credits.

tyha

this is a little off point but I thought I should say something.We are actually fortunate enough to be hiring right now. I usually get a bout 20 or so resume's and applicants per posting. I posted for an electrician last week and in 3 days i had over 100 resume's on my desk. we have had 2 big companies lay off 90% of thier workforce and a few other smaller companies go under.

Status
Not open for further replies.