Swine flu questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer83

I think it is the typical media blowing some "threat" out of proportion. Wasn't it about this time a few years back that shark attacks were reaching "record levels"? Like some mentioned already, 36k die from the regular flu. When/if it even gets to that point, I will worry about it then.

ITO

Yeah shark attacks don't mean much when you don't live on the coast, and Wisconsin is a ways off from the Southern border.

ITO

Well then don't worry about it, its probably just media hype. Around here a typical day at the job is like being at the Alamo, surrounded by Mexicans and Mexican Americans...(mostly just Mexican fresh from across the border), and with two small kids in the house I am not taking any chances.

we have a special set of electricians that are trained to stay at work and keep the place going you know what is called a skelton crew.

EC2253

30 some years ago I worked for an old farmer who was in france in ww1 he said his sargent was the toughest man he ever knew and the flu killed him in 2 days

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
protect your employees ? how the heck are you going to do that ? its every man for himself. battlestations ! abandon ship ! the sky is falling, the sky is falling !

I'm booking my vacation to mexico city now. the rates are great.

oh, boy... let's get on a nice cozy airplane, for five or six hours...
you'll get to cancun just as the fever hits.... and you can lay in bed there for a week..... :D

being antisocial has its perqs... with the abundance of work available, staying
home and playing mafia wars may be the best solution..... cheap, simple, just
stay at the keyboard, clicking the mouse like a demented rat on a treadmill....

Fulthrotl

here's where it currently is, among all 300 million of us.

U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection
(As of April 30, 2009, 10:30 AM ET)

States # of laboratory confirmed cases

Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 1
Nevada 1
New York 50
Ohio 1
South Carolina 10
Texas 26

TOTAL COUNTS 109 cases 1 death

the one death is in texas

zog

here's where it currently is, among all 300 million of us.

U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection
(As of April 30, 2009, 10:30 AM ET)

States # of laboratory confirmed cases

Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 1
Nevada 1
New York 50
Ohio 1
South Carolina 10
Texas 26

TOTAL COUNTS 109 cases 1 death

the one death is in texas

Hey thats over 1 in every 3 million of us!!

Wonder what flying will be like next week? Bet they require you wear a mask and then charge you $10 for one.

I plan on re-reading "The Stand" on my flights next week, freak everyone out.

jeremysterling

I'm roughing in the :D36th floor:D of a high-rise apartment building here in Austin.

Option #1: Ride elevator shoulder-to-shoulder (actually, shoulder to ear) with fresh from the border migrant tradesmen. :roll:

Option #2: Walk up stairs...:mad:

Fulthrotl

I am not concerned, I do not eat pork.

how now, ground cow?

actually, under the "hair of the dog that bit him theory" i had a bacon
cheeseburger today, as a vaccination......

that way i've got mad cow disease covered as well... one meal, two vaccinations.

everyone's worried about "typhoid Jose" carriers.... that theory doesn't work so well.
in socal, *ALL* fast food is served by hispanics, many of whom don't even speak english.
so they would be an excellent vector for spread... near mexico, handling everyone's food
and coughing on it, and most of the infections are in new york......

california has 14 instances statewide, and in the 125 mile strip of land bewteen santa barbara
and the mexican border, one in 6 people in america live there...... the math ain't workin'......
we should be awash in swineys.....

Last edited:

mivey

Hey thats over 1 in every 3 million of us!!

Wonder what flying will be like next week? Bet they require you wear a mask and then charge you $10 for one.

I plan on re-reading "The Stand" on my flights next week, freak everyone out.
Just cough a lot so you can have an empty seat next to you.

Anyone remember the elevator scene in "Ghost"?

Engineer83

What seemed to go under the radar with this scare is the passing of the $3.4 trillion budget outline! Where was the coverage about this? Not to mention this scare is a way to push universal health care. The best way to beat this is to wash your hands, drink clear liquids and get lots of rest.

brian john

What seemed to go under the radar with this scare is the passing of the $3.4 trillion budget outline! Where was the coverage about this? Not to mention this scare is a way to push universal health care. The best way to beat this is to wash your hands, drink clear liquids and get lots of rest.

Yes congress was happy about the flu shifting the coverage.

fireryan

I am not concerned, I do not eat pork.

you cant get this through food. You get it through coughing and sneezing. We had fema reps come in today and give us special masks and soap for our fire trucks. also gave us a solution to wipe down our gear and even the steering wheels of the fire trucks

jeremysterling

you cant get this through food. You get it through coughing and sneezing. We had fema reps come in today and give us special masks and soap for our fire trucks. also gave us a solution to wipe down our gear and even the steering wheels of the fire trucks

I thought you got it from a virus, wait, or was it bacon?:D

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
In the last week, 300 times as many people have died from the regular flu than have died from the swine flu in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.