worst tool ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleuger

I vote for the 10-in-one. The screwdriver bits started falling out the first day I used it. They were lost in about two weeks. Then the nut driver feature stripped out after another week of use.

I've got one of those I've used pretty regularly for about 3 years. Not a problem yet.

electricalperson

I never bought one but you know what I think is really retarded? Has anyone seen those strippers with the built in voltage sensor? I had a helper bring one of those to work and he never heard the end of it.

I laughed at that thing when I saw it a few years ago. I wouldn't take it if they gave it to me anyhow.

Utility knife down the center still works great.

GB has a lot of products with voltage sensors in it. dont they make lineman pliers with a voltage sensor too?

ohm

According to this website, Channel locks are one of the worst tools ever made.

How the heck do you tighten fittings without them?

Don't say crescent wrench, that's on the list also.

http://homerenovations.about.com/od/toolsbuildingmaterials/ss/5worsttools_6.htm

Nearly all of tools which were mass produced since the Stone Age have served a useful function, or society would have quit buying and making them.

I have favorites in each category, like screwdrivers, but have resorted to using a dime to turn a screw when that was all I had.

If a guy has to carry a set of tools around all day only the most worthy will be in his/her tool pouch but most craftsmen have a wide variety of tools and some will only be used one a year, if that.

I tend to avoid tools that come with a free set of steak knives.

dreamsville

but I like the Robertson (i.e., square drive.)

S1 fits most device 6-32's, S2 fits most device terminals and breaker and bus terminals, and S3 fits EMT fittings. I like them.

I agree with Larry. Love my Robertson drivers. No slipped and skinned knuckles. I carry a whole selection of square drive screws and install them in high torque places. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.