Service Question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

Can I split out a single gang meter base with two feeds going to two separate panel boxes. I was told this can be done but just wanted to post it anyway.

I do it regularly with a 320 underground resi service. 2-150 panels off the same meter lugs are rated for this. In some areas a 320 is 2-200 panels this is not allowed by me must go to trans -s for 400.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
If the bottom of the meter base had enough room I'd be tempted to stub a full size conductor about 3" long out of the MB lugs into a 3 hole feed-thru Polaris ins. tap and then run from there. No trough or splice box.

I haven't tried it though and with my luck the inspector would probably shoot me down just because he's never seen it done that way before...

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If the bottom of the meter base had enough room I'd be tempted to stub a full size conductor about 3" long out of the MB lugs into a 3 hole feed-thru Polaris ins. tap and then run from there. No trough or splice box.

I haven't tried it though and with my luck the inspector would probably shoot me down just because he's never seen it done that way before...
Also, the POCO requirements and limitations must be followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.