Hand Dryers, Demand factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mefalk55

Hello Guy's, I will be installing a load of Hand Dryers in Bathrooms in a Commercial Facility and need to know if any of the Demand Factors apply to the install of multiple Dryers . Closest I came to one is Table 220.54. Is this applicable or do you recommend another? Some of these Bathrooms will be needing 8 Hand Dryers and I will be running a subpanel to eliminate multiple Armor cable pulls. 208 V, 6.6 amps/dryer. Thanks for any help.:confused:

mefalk55

Hand Dryers

Hand Dryers

No Help On this question? Nobody wants to touch this one? Wow, I guess I'll have to ask my local inspector.

mefalk55

Hand Dryers

Hand Dryers

Table 220.53, Appliance Load. States demand factor 75% of nameplate rating load of 4 or more appliances. Is this the 1 I need?

ericsherman37

Table 220.53, Appliance Load. States demand factor 75% of nameplate rating load of 4 or more appliances. Is this the 1 I need?

No, 220.53 pertains to dwelling units only.

Looks to me like 220.14(A) will be what you need to use to figure out your branch circuits, and 220.40 for your feeder supplying the hand dryers. There don't appear to be any demand factors for those appliances.

As far as I know, the only real demand factors you get to use with commercial work (other than lighting loads and receptacle loads) is for kitchen equipment, per 220.56. Hand dryers in bathrooms probably won't qualify :p

Last edited:

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
No Help On this question? Nobody wants to touch this one? Wow, I guess I'll have to ask my local inspector.

You need to show some patience. For one thing it's a holiday weekend and besides that you'll likely get an answer here long before you speak to the inspector.;)

cadpoint

Why don't you use Article 422, Appliances and thumb around in that

"this article covers electrical appliances used in any occupancy."

& glance @ 422.62 through (A)&(B)&(1)&(2) also!

Status
Not open for further replies.