work pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericsherman37

While replacing the conductors, why not change the box to a PVC box?

I don't know.

Enough to open the cover and work on the conductors inside of the box which he was able to do.

But it wasn't easy!

So just what part of this was really outside ?

I realize that putting the romex inside the brick wall is technically okay... I'm still not a fan of it. Even in the conduit, the paper sleeves inside the romex were still soaked, and given that whoever pulled it stripped off 10 feet of jacket and wound up nicking the wires, thus causing this problem we went out for, all says to me that "maybe this isn't the right wire for the application."

So I complain! :D

daleuger

You can't complain too much though. If it weren't for jackholes like that you'd be worked out of a job by now. :D

Twoskinsoneman

Occupation
Facility Senior Electrician
but the railing guy could have at least called someone up when he installed it and said "hey, uh, I might be blocking access to this J box here...".

Maybe he did make that call and the EC thought to himself "I'll let the next electrician deal with it"... your lucky number came up

I had the feeling you were, but I don't know too much, so when I get the chance to post something that may look remotely smart I do. Whether you need it or not.:roll::D

Chris this was hilarious. :D

ericsherman37

unless I am seeing it wrong, it looks like it has conduit coming in the back and bottom, it would be a pretty good trick to get it apart, and install a new box in that tight area without some collateral damage.

The conduit coming in the back was just a short sleeve to the building interior. There's no sheetrock or anything on the wall in there, it would have been easy to take that particular wire out.

But you're right about the collateral damage; the box looks like it was installed pre-siding, so it's partially embedded.

Still, I don't have an excuse :D

Hendrix

WhatMeWorry.png

Wow!!!!!!where did you get the pic of our Governor:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.