Bni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolfan

Is anybody out there a member of BNI (Business International Network) and if so give some feedback?

JWCELECTRIC

I was in chapter with 30 or so members. It is based on finding referals for other members within the chapter as they find referals for you. It has a good concept where only one electricain, plumber, carpenter etc. can be in the chapter, and you work with each other within your area of profession.
I quit when the general contractor that was in the chapter took my price with all my counts for a new house submitted my number then shopped it to someone else for a lower number. Also there are weekly meetings that last an hour but it ends up taking 3hr of you day with travel. Go to a couple of meetings without joining and get a feel for the members in the chapter, you can push your business card around. I felt that the majority of the members were just starting out in business with a couple of members that had started the chapter. If there is a large amount of people in the chapter then give it a try, otherwise it take time away from billable hours for your own business.

- JWC

ultramegabob

I was in BNI for a while and gave it up, the group that I was in with were all takers and no givers, I made some contacts and gave some leads to several people that got them some work, and out of 30 or so people in our goup I got "1" residential service call and "0" commercial work, I dropped out after 10 months, I have better things to do with my time than going to early morning meetings and "Power Lunches", I absolutely hate that term, and alot of the other buzz words the people used that were in the group.
As a small electrical contractor, I need to spend my time wisely making money, and they constantly had all kinds of meetings and "one on one" get togethers that took up time through the week and they always wanted to meet at sit down resturaunts, so not only was I not making money, I was spending 13 to 20 dollars for lunch....

Status
Not open for further replies.