pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyMarkNC

1) Guys who "walk" their ladders to move a couple of feet down.
2) Drywallers who.......oh man, really just about all drywallers
3) Radios on the jobsite. 90% of the time they are playing some garbage I can't stand
4) "Urban Myth" electrical code
5) Nextel's. Really everything about them, but especially the people who "alert" you on Nextel before even beeping you.

ibew441dc

# 4 is great!

# 4 is great!

1) Guys who "walk" their ladders to move a couple of feet down.
2) Drywallers who.......oh man, really just about all drywallers
3) Radios on the jobsite. 90% of the time they are playing some garbage I can't stand
4) "Urban Myth" electrical code
5) Nextel's. Really everything about them, but especially the people who "alert" you on Nextel before even beeping you.

I can't agree more with all of the above!:smile: I especially like the way you coined "Urban Myth" electrical code:cool: I'm steeling that one from ya...I hope you don't get mad if I forget to quote it:wink:

If you are not giving a code reference, now I get it:smile: You were referring to the "UMEC" .....Funny thing is I know somebody will agree with that not knowing what it meant...:grin:

daleuger

That could be expanded to 'Apprentice & single digit JW' - "What about we do it this way..." Mark - "Neat idea but a violation of this or that..." 'Apprentice & single digit JW' - "But.... Why.... - But...." Mark - "Just do it!"

I'm a single digit JW and I don't do that. I know what you mean though. We're not ALL bad, Mark. :roll:

dezwitinc

1) Crooked device plates.
2) Multigang switch plates with ten screws all pointing in different directions. They make my eyes cross when I look at them.
3) Cheap tape that falls off.
4) Any supply house that sells cheap knockoff stuff from China from 4" squares to wire markers to wire lube.
5) Nuts, bolts, screws, washers, etc. that still come in flimsy cardboard boxes.
6) Generators that won't start.
7) Supply houses that have 10,000 feet of 1/2" emt in stock but only 11 diecast couplings and 21 steel compression connectors.
8) Cans of glue that gel before I am even close to using them up.
9) Having to buy anything at HD because the local supply house doesn't stock it.
10) Mean people
11) Amyloidosis

JFletcher

Welcome to the forum! :smile:

Huh? :confused:

I think Oldskool was referring to "fast track" construction, which makes me cringe too.

Owner: "We're going to fast track this project."

My intial thought: "You're going to run every trade on top of one another, until they all despise working on this site, open 3 months behind schedule, and have hideous cost overruns as well as poor quality workmanship."

Me to owner: "Okay then..."

masterinbama

I think Oldskool was referring to "fast track" construction, which makes me cringe too.

Owner: "We're going to fast track this project."

My intial thought: "You're going to run every trade on top of one another, until they all despise working on this site, open 3 months behind schedule, and have hideous cost overruns as well as poor quality workmanship."

Me to owner: "Okay then..."

I actually had a GC send me a set of plans that were marked "expedited construction techniques will be utilized on this project"

He actually tried to convince me this was different than fastracking so I didn't need to make any price adjustments.

hurk27

1) Crooked device plates.
Install them straighter
2) Multigang switch plates with ten screws all pointing in different directions. They make my eyes cross when I look at them.
Don't install them that way, or at least don't look at them
3) Cheap tape that falls off.
Buy better tape
4) Any supply house that sells cheap knockoff stuff from China from 4" squares to wire markers to wire lube.
Don't go to City Electrical Supply, HD, Menard's, Etc...
5) Nuts, bolts, screws, washers, etc. that still come in flimsy cardboard boxes.
After purchasing put them in your nut, bolt, screw bins
6) Generators that won't start.
Try tune ups, oil changes, and maintenance at regular intervals
7) Supply houses that have 10,000 feet of 1/2" emt in stock but only 11 diecast couplings and 21 steel compression connectors.
Find new supply house
8) Cans of glue that gel before I am even close to using them up.
use all weather PVC glue, it doesn't gel as bad
9) Having to buy anything at HD because the local supply house doesn't stock it.
same as 7)
10) Mean people
:D

11) Amyloidosis
I haven't a clue:confused:

Just kidding, couldn't resist:D

Status
Not open for further replies.