what method --driving ground rods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

220/221

I got $5 that says if 7.5' of the rod is indeed in the ground the GRVAD is used more often than not......

DSC01931.jpg

peter d

I was driving a ground rod in a water meter pit when it occurred to me that the terra cotta sewer line ran below as well. I stopped driving the rod and I broke out the GRVAD.

hurk27

This means you didn't call 811.

attachment.php

This was my helper on this pedestal, I did the next one, out in the middle of a field for street lighting, wasn't much around, but the utility stubs which were pieces of 2" gas pipe they use to cover there stub wires from the transformers, which after I drove the rod in had gas flowing out of them:rolleyes:

attachment.php

Stubs like these

Last edited:

hurk27

Gas line wasn't the only thing hit on this job, note telephone cable wraped around auger in next photo
attachment.php

And water coming out of a freshly aurgered hole is not a good sign either lol:

attachment.php

Locates were remove by the lanscapers, and the water line was not suposed to be there acording to the prints

Last edited:

daleuger

attachment.php

This was my helper on this pedestal, I did the next one, out in the middle of a field for street lighting, wasn't much around, but the utility stubs which were pieces of 2" gas pipe they use to cover there stub wires from the transformers, which after I drove the rod in had gas flowing out of them:rolleyes:

Stubs like these

Can't help but notice the steel toes and long pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.