Tool Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
?????? don't know.... Another thing. THey want me to get a Greenlee pocket volt tic tester.

I can't find that anywhere

growler

They ask me to get a 24"x10"x10" tool box. I assume a tool BAG is the way to go?

Who are you buying the tools for and for what purpose are they to be used? A tool box is not a tool bag? Was there a specific request for a tool box?

If this is for industrial work they may in fact want a tool box. The good thing about a tool box is that you can lock that sucker up and even chain it to a column or lift. You get a lot of money invested in tools after awhile and don't want anyone walking off with them. A bag can be cut loose with a pocket knife.

growler

It is for the aprenticeship

If it's for an appreniceship program I think I wouls buy whatever they suggest. There will be plenty of time to adjust to what you feel comfortable with as the years go by.

As far as the Greenlee voltage sensor they are sold a Graybar, Home Depot and I think Lowe's.

I would get a nice red tool box and put my name on it and mark all my tools. Make sure the box is lockable and get a good lock. If you find you don't need it for the program it will come in handy down the road. Learn to do an inventroy of all tools and keep up with them. Probably put a small rag in the box and keep tools wiped off and looking clean and neat. Taking care of your tools makes people think you know what you are doing.:grin:

cadpoint

Why don't U just get what they ask you to get?

I worked out of a true tool box as described, and used a small klein side pouch, Tape and knife, on a tool belt.
The tool box could carry all the tools I need for my active level of employment at the time!

I always walk my tools out daily,(like someone else stated) even though there is a gang box!
Our latest trailer had a laser cutter put to it and they next broke into the gear room with real doors and locks,
and then there also the guy that will just forget to lock the gang box.

Vod-Vil

BUCKET BOSS 06049 GATEMOUTH Long Boy Tool Bag, 24" Long

Cavernous 24"L X 11"W X 9"H main compartment. Big enough to fit a reciprocating saw with the blade on. 14 pockets that organize tools better than any tool box. External level straps. Internal divider adjusts to keep tools secure and organized. New and improved shoulder strap.

B00002243U.gif

Milwaukee 48-55-3530 Contractor Bag

Soft Side Contractor Bag made of tough water resistant 600 denier material. Provides extra storage for job site tools and accessories. Shoulder strap or dual handle straps for easy carrying. Durable zipper closure. 26-1/2 inches long by 13 inches wide by 14 inches high

Milwaukee-48-55-3530-rw-63544-24244.jpg

growler

Cavernous 24"L X 11"W X 9"H main compartment. Big enough to fit a reciprocating saw with the blade on. 14 pockets that organize tools better than ant tool box.

That may be true but if man ( student ) is told to show up with a tool box and he shows up with a tool bag that means he's not very good at following instructions.

The most important part of being able to train anyone to do anything if for them to be able to follow specific instructions. The time to think for yourself is after you know what you are doing.

If the instruction were to bring a box or a bag then it ould be more open but when a specific size is given I would think not.

PetrosA

If they want the toolbox, OK, but I'd stay away from the Greenlee volt-tic. Get something better and just say that your girlfriend/wife/parent got it for you as a present :) Like I said in the tool thread - it's your life, get the best you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.