this passed . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
installed under '05 NEC . . . .

SER leaves transfer switch and heads 60' to the other side of the house, and is terminated in an MLO loadcenter.

beba998de818.jpg

There is no generator installed. I assume they installed this for future needs.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
How much does it cost to pass an inspection there? :D

:smile: not sure.

i don't work in this area much.

this is a bank-owned foreclosure listing i was doing some work on.

the last time i was here, i was doing a pool installation. i called to see about getting the permit. the inspector said, "don't worry about it". :-?

Okay, help me out here guys. I'm trying to learn.

I have my FIRST residential structure with a connection for a generator. they have a 200 amp main with a ProTran manual switching device. I don't know the model # because the electrician installed it in the wall. I do know that the plug for the generator is a 4 prong plug.

I have asked for the installation manual to determine exactly what model this device is.

What should I be looking for? I don't want to be one of those "How much does it cost to pass an inspection there?"

What is wrong in the original picture posted??

I'm an inspector and need to learn all I can.

They didn't do much to protect this thing did they?

369060583.jpg

369060603.jpg

369060614.jpg

Thanks in advance

ceb58

Okay, help me out here guys. I'm trying to learn.

I have my FIRST residential structure with a connection for a generator. they have a 200 amp main with a ProTran manual switching device. I don't know the model # because the electrician installed it in the wall. I do know that the plug for the generator is a 4 prong plug.

I have asked for the installation manual to determine exactly what model this device is.

What should I be looking for? I don't want to be one of those "How much does it cost to pass an inspection there?"

What is wrong in the original picture posted??

I'm an inspector and need to learn all I can.

They didn't do much to protect this thing did they?

Thanks in advance

I know that I am not a Mod. or any thing but do you not consider it rude to post on top of Brant with a question that should have its own thread?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
GHM, Not to upset Ceb58, but hopefully the items are connected enough.
From what little I see from your pics, I don't see a problem.
In brandt's situation, the transfer switch, which is not service rated, is not allowed to be ahead of a service disconcerting means and from his description the service cable goes 60' unprotected just for starters.
In your situation, I believe your switching device is only switching selected branch circuits.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
SER leaves transfer switch and heads 60' to the other side of the house, and is terminated in an MLO loadcenter.

There is no generator installed. I assume they installed this for future needs.
So, where is the main disconnect?

mpd

:smile: not sure.

i don't work in this area much.

this is a bank-owned foreclosure listing i was doing some work on.

the last time i was here, i was doing a pool installation. i called to see about getting the permit. the inspector said, "don't worry about it". :-?

I would bring that to somebodies attention, so that will get taken care of before its the new owners headache

cjp1280

I have installed two that look identical to that. Both were service entrance rated with a main disconnect inside. Yours may be a different model though with the same cover.

ceb58 I apologize if I offended anyone by posting along with his thread. I felt this question was in relation to the topic and it was already getting some responses "close" to what I needed but not quit there!

I have seen other posts that others asked similar questions to the thread so I just assumed it wouldn't hurt anything. I guess I was the a$$ of the assumme!

brantmacga, sorry for posting on top of you!

GISdude

My 2cents

My 2cents

There is no pull section for this panel setup, no main disco, no sep between line and load.

IMO, the POCO should NOT have connected.

My 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.