Wall of Outlets/Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUWired

I hate being pessimistic but a true wall of receptacles will have the small slot (hot conductor) on the right side and the neutral slot on the left. It looks reversed in the photo.

Rick

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
. . .receptacles will have the small slot (hot conductor) on the right side and the neutral slot on the left.
Great catch.

That can be a simple artistic rendering error. I remember a Black & Decker DIY book that made it to the stands two years ago with the entire cover photo being the close up of a duplex receptacle, the image of which had been flipped on the vertical axis to look exactly as you describe.

Still think someone should pay me to install a wall like this.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I don't know why everyone is concerned with whether it is real or not, it's just a nice wall covering. :roll:

If I were doing it for real, I'd use real receptacles and only circuit a select few, then I'd have a service man go out to fix "the receptacle" on the north wall. :grin:

Roger

Chris6245

OK..Say they are real, and say they are all wired to 1 circuit...How would you calculate voltage drop on the last one in the circuit? :D

Chris6245

Great catch.

That can be a simple artistic rendering error. I remember a Black & Decker DIY book that made it to the stands two years ago with the entire cover photo being the close up of a duplex receptacle, the image of which had been flipped on the vertical axis to look exactly as you describe.

Still think someone should pay me to install a wall like this.

I don't think the photo is flipped...The cable box has the buttons on the correct sides, the power on the left and channel, volume and menue on the right. Must be wallpaper

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
After careful scrutiny:

The image itself is definitely not flipped; the TV is an LG and it's oriented correctly.

Jpegs don't enlarge well, but it appears that there are 20a receptacles strewn about.

PJ and I conclude it's wallpaper with real, but non-functional, plugs, cords, and warts.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
After careful scrutiny:

The image itself is definitely not flipped; the TV is an LG and it's oriented correctly.

Jpegs don't enlarge well, but it appears that there are 20a receptacles strewn about.

PJ and I conclude it's wallpaper with real, but non-functional, plugs, cords, and warts.

It does look like the slots on the left are shorter, which would mean someone copied and pasted a mirrored image all over the wall.

But it does also look like there are some 20A's thrown in randomly. That seems to indicate that they are real outlets. We may never know.

Wait, I waved my power sniffer over my monitor and all those outlets do have power to them :grin:

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.