cargo van shelving and bins and accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfire77

Does anyone know of a low cost supplier (Or alternative) of rack, shelf, and bins for vans?

I cannot believe what Adrian steel, masterack, and weatherguard charge for their gear.

GUNNING

just spend the $$$

just spend the $$$

I was looking at vans a bit ago. The dealer packages are going to be the way for me to go next time. There is a place out of NJ called American Van I got my last set of racks from. Its required water closet reading when the catalog comes in. I really like the weather guard ladder racks. They are aluminum and light. Ive had mine for 10 years and it still looks good works great, and hasn't damaged my van. You also can get replacement parts. They are made to last. Not the straight bars but the hydraulic clamp on with the middle brace & red plastic trim. I also got the tube for pipe. Looks slick and professional, door and end made of metal. Don't cheap out on something your going to use every day for years. It has to hold up and look good and be functional.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
if you don't mind used stuff you might try a dealer that sells used work vans. There's a guy near here that buys the vans from auction and then strips our all of the shelves and racks before reselling the vans. The usually sell the racks and shelving units really cheap.

220/221

I could never find what I need from any of these sources so I ended up building my own system with bins from Global Industries.

The Iceman

I just completed my new van with Adrian Steel shelving, but I went with American Van drawer units, large parts cabinits, wire racks, bins, and ladder rack. Im happy with everything but the Large-capacity parts and tool storage cabinets. They don't stay closed. Adrian Steels are much better.

mdj1320

i started a new service job last year when i opened the work van all the shelves were made of plywood .one good thing is that it never rattled or sqweeked going down the road

cadpoint

i started a new service job last year when i opened the work van all the shelves were made of plywood .one good thing is that it never rattled or sqweeked going down the road

And thanks for the memories... The old dodge van and a 318 ...
Road trips ...

I was wondering if someone had combined wood and metal structural angles with all the holes in it... and incorporating some of the other shelving products ? ...

jimport

Occupation
Master Electrician
Hard to consider making up a system when you can get a decent bin system with the purchase of a new van. Package had the layout I was looking for and I talked to the installers and paid for any additional parts like a door kit out of my pocket.

220/221

Hard to consider making up a system when you can get a decent bin system with the purchase of a new van.

I could never find a decent system. I am a stickler for using all available space efficiently and had to build my own.

DSC01001-1.jpg

I was wondering if someone had combined wood and metal structural angles with all the holes in it... and incorporating some of the other shelving products ? ...

I used metal framing, plywood shelving and plastic bins.

electrical195.jpg

electrical194.jpg

220/221

What is the al ladder doing in there ?

Just minding his own business.:roll:

It is a rare occaision when I use an extension ladder to do anything but access a roof.

Actually, it's a rare occaision when I use it for anything. Too much effort.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.