Maximum vs Normal water level

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Kind of self explanatory is it not?

Pools for instance have a normal fill level of 6" or 8" below the top, but the max fill level IMO would be the point it starts to overflow the sides.

jamesoftn

So would a pool with a water level of 42 inches at the skimmer (normal operating level) and maximumn water level to the top edge was at 46 inches this would not be considered a storable pool even if it had inflatable walls????

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
What is the difference between maximum water level and normal water level?

Think about heavy rains where a pool can potentially fill to the top. I would say that is the maximum water level and the normal water level would be about where Bob stated.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
So would a pool with a water level of 42 inches at the skimmer (normal operating level) and maximumn water level to the top edge was at 46 inches this would not be considered a storable pool even if it had inflatable walls????

If the pool is capable of holding water to 46" then I would not call it a storable pool.

Storable Swimming, Wading, or Immersion Pool. Those that are constructed on or above the ground and are capable of holding water to a maximum depth of 1.0 m (42 in.), or a pool with nonmetallic, molded polymeric walls or inflatable fabric walls regardless of dimension.

alanchk

pool skimmers

pool skimmers

Pool skimmers are normally 8" high where is the normal water level? top, bottom or middle of the skimmer. Why not just use max. water level for all issues?

pfalcon

Pool skimmers are normally 8" high where is the normal water level? top, bottom or middle of the skimmer. Why not just use max. water level for all issues?

Normal water level would be by design for the proper operation of equipment such as filters, automated chemical equipment, and automatic pool refill. When the water drops below the normal level most of the equipment shuts down while the refill equipment fires up.

Maximum water level is used for OOPS planning. Don't stick your non-soakable equipment below this level. Again, most equipment shuts off and sometimes automated sump equipment kicks in to the rescue. Otherwise it just uses drains, driveways, and yards for the excess water.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If the pool is capable of holding water to 46" then I would not call it a storable pool.

Dennis, Am I reading it wrong ?
Storable Swimming, Wading, or Immersion Pool. Those that are constructed on or above the ground and are capable of holding water to a maximum depth of 1.0 m (42 in.), or a pool with nonmetallic, molded polymeric walls or inflatable fabric walls regardless of dimension.

with the "or" in there, would a inflatable wall pool not be considered storable regardless of the depth (a dimension). I'm unsure if they make such an animal..just asking

pfalcon

680.2 Definitions.
Storable Swimming, Wading, or Immersion Pool. Those that are (constructed (on or above) ground and are capable of holding water to a maximum depth of 1.0 m), or (a pool with (nonmetallic, molded polymeric walls or inflatable fabric walls) regardless of dimension).

Simplified: Storable if made of special material or has a water level <=42". Cannot be in-ground.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Dennis, Am I reading it wrong ?

with the "or" in there, would a inflatable wall pool not be considered storable regardless of the depth (a dimension). I'm unsure if they make such an animal..just asking

You are correct Gus. I missed the inflatable walls. Oh dopey me. ;) I guess I have never seen an inflatable pool that large so I didn't even consider that possibility even tho it was there in the question. I am getting old with you Gus.

Status
Not open for further replies.