Some Saturday Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

nope - i blame the electrician for not using a plastic bushing...such an easy thing to overlook, but not for our eagle-eyed Inspector Augie:grin:

dcspector

Gus this happens a lot here in DC on Hi rise dwelling unit panel boards. The only acceptable end result is replace the interior due to 110.12(B) Then they can all point fingers as to whom is the blame. The electrician for not covering their equipment, or the painter for total disregard, or the supers for not monitoring daily work of subs.......Seen it all here.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I agree with you Greg. I always cutout a cardboard and insert it into the panels to protect them. Unfortunately they often get my wires in the wall boxes. When they use enamel paint I have to use my knife to clear the paint of the egc.

They do make covers for wall boxes but what a pain.

360Youth

Some Saturday pics from me, too....

6775_1027241019815_1789005672_59721.jpg

6775_1027241179819_1789005672_59722.jpg

You really need to take a day off. :grin:

Jim W in Tampa

Painters protect every thing else but get stupid at our panels. Teach them the fast way with a nice big bill. While i agree we need to try protect our own it still is painters job to mask if they are spraying. There is no legal way to clean. Chances are they are just low paid workers that are lazy. Hand there boss a copy of picture so next time they ask for raise he can show it them.

iwire

Staff member
I have to agree with Jim here, if painters got paint on the rug or varnished woodwork no one would blame the rug guy or the carpenter for not covering their work.

By the same token if I drag my gang box down a hall and ruin a paint job it would not be the painters fault for not protecting the wall.

360Youth

Painters protect every thing else but get stupid at our panels. Teach them the fast way with a nice big bill. While i agree we need to try protect our own it still is painters job to mask if they are spraying. There is no legal way to clean. Chances are they are just low paid workers that are lazy. Hand there boss a copy of picture so next time they ask for raise he can show it them.

I would have to agree, too. I taped off devices one time in house and informed the GC I would do it no more. By the time painter gets around to it tape is half peeled off. I will say, the painters we work with are pretty good about taping off panels.

480sparky

I hate having a job deviced only to have the painter come in after me.

The painters not only just mask off the face of the devices (thus, the sides get painted), but also loose the screws to the covers if not the covers entirely.

And everyone seems to think that pushing a cord through painters tape is fun, so now I have a house full of devices that have paint on the top edge and in the slots.
curse-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.