Mike Holt's twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Mike Holt is now on twitter. Follow along Here

Part of Mike's "Teach the Teacher" seminar in Orlando, don't miss!!!

It's not to late to catch Mike Holt live in Orlando Friday or Saturday...Follow this LINK.

Rockyd

Occupation
167 followers and no commentary in the forum? Is 140 characters to few?

Rockyd

Occupation
I don't get Twitter. Why would I want to know what someone is doing every second of the day and why would someone have such a big ego to think that everyone cares?

Pretty brash commentary for someone giving us the best forum on the net. It's not about following someone every second, was interested if anyone is using twitter at all, or is it just a passing fad? does it fit for advertising in the industry? Can it be a useful tool?

mivey

Pretty brash commentary for someone giving us the best forum on the net. It's not about following someone every second, was interested if anyone is using twitter at all, or is it just a passing fad? does it fit for advertising in the industry? Can it be a useful tool?
Internet text messaging? Seems a bit pretentious to me for a business but I'm no expert.

Mike is generous with his site, no doubt. He is very interested in helping our industry. But he is also interested in selling his wares, like on this site. Twitter seems like a great way for him to keep in touch with his devoted fans and promote his seminars, etc.

I am not a devoted fan. I don't happen to agree with everything he does. But that's OK as I think he is a good guy for the most part.

I can imagine his grandchildren probably talked him into the twitter thing as it seems to be big with the kids, much like TMs.

I find it almost unbelieveable that such busy people are not too busy to twit...or is that they are twits. ;)

I would think if Mike wanted to speak to us, he would come here. It is probably another way for him to reach out to try to find new clients.

mivey

I would think if Mike wanted to speak to us, he would come here...
...and the newsletter. Both of which I follow.

Be he must have recognized that there are some droolers that must be serviced and twitter seems like a good way to get it done.

If there were good info being posted, like good news flashes: maybe. But just to post what you are doing, what you are currently thinking, where you are going...its just a bunch of junk IMO.

Hopefully Mike will bring some professionalism to twitter instead of voyeurism but he doesn't seem to be off to a good start.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
I have a twitter account and I think its dumb.. I dont use it. I thought about following Mike but thought naaaa. Ill just stay on the forum.

electricmanscott

You asked for commentary and honest commentary is what you got! Brash or not is open to interpretation. Much like the NEC. ;)

You didn't ask those other questions so I didn't answer them. :)

Rockyd

Occupation
Fair enough Scott, I will try to make it past my first cup of coffee prior to posting. On that note, I have to go and get a cup of mud (coffee) and get this day going.:D

Rewire

I have a twitter account and around 600 followers I try and post something every day that is related to my business. I think for the most part twitter is white noise.

USMC1302

I can't think of a reason or a person I'd need to "follow". Don't understand why people "text" when they can use the phone instead. I don't drink grape Kool Aid either.

electricmanscott

I can't think of a reason or a person I'd need to "follow". Don't understand why people "text" when they can use the phone instead. I don't drink grape Kool Aid either.

I love Grape Kool Aid. :cool:

I text quite a bit but just with my wife. It really is convienient.

I will say though I was texting one time and was running out of space and actually thought "imagine how much easier this would be if I could just talk to her" :roll:

zappy

Your not pronouncing it right, it's "grape drink":grin:

Rockyd

Occupation
I have a twitter account and around 600 followers I try and post something every day that is related to my business. I think for the most part twitter is white noise.

Hopefully be a handy business tool, even if only to line out your own crews.

USMC1302

Ok, "grape drink". Just make mine cyanide free. Texting has merit for times you can't use a phone, but I see a lot of younger people furiously working their thumbs when they could actually call. I'm sure somebody has already developed joint replacements for fingers/thumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.