Hello Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting started and probably real late but is anyone here involved with the rebate program with your energy supplier? We have been replacing several of our old Metal halide lamp with T5 High Bay Fluorescence my supply house is coaching me to jump on this program and get some of this money back. Is it a ligament thing or just a big smoke screen?

Thanks in advance
LHarrington

Mr. Bill

It's real. It's expensive to build new capacity. Plus, last year the State passed a law requiring Utilities to have 10% of their energy production as renewables by 2015. Sounds like they're also required to reduce demand by 5.5% by improving energy efficiency. I think this is a result of it. Seems like the residential program just started too.

Both Consumers and DTE have similar programs. They each have a pot of money for the next 3 years. For their business customers, Consumers has $6M for 2009, $10M for 2010, and $16M for 2011. Each year's pot of money is on a first come first serve basis. And 2009 is retroactive so it's likely this money will be used up quickly from people who did project earlier in the year. This covers lighting retrofits, VFD additions, boiler maintanence, pipe insulation, etc. Each item has a specific rebate value.

Doug S.

It's real.

It's real.

I've heard my boss is chasing it ($$) in our 6 year old facility. I heard something like $85 / fixture. ( Sound too good to be true. ) This being said $$$ is TIGHT and ROI's need to be REALLY SHORT if the purse strings are going to be opened so it's gotta be a pretty good number.

It sounds like they would be swapping all our MH 360watt fixtures with tube lights.

I am VERY happy with the 6-lamp, T-8, medium bay, fixtures in one of our additions.

Doug S.

Karl H

Make sure you install only the fixtures, lamps, and ballasts that the POCO
recommends or specs for the rebate. For example, if you replace t-12's with
32w T-8's and the recommendation is replacing T-12's with 28 w T-8s. You
will not get the rebate. Also make darn sure you install only the manufacture
of VFD's that are on the spec to receive the rebates. My buddy made this
mistake and it cost him the rebate. Plus, fill out your paper work ASAP
and do it in triplicate. I also recommend you have POCO do a site survey
before the retro and run the specs by him/her for approval before any work is
done. I'm in Cal so it may be different where you from, but in any state
document,get approval,document,get signed approval,document,