footwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

c2500

Well I switched from Red Wing to Timberlands. The Timberlands cost less, and they are EH rated. I am bad on the toes, and they have several models that have rubberized toes. I also get steel toes, so that helps also. Next to no break in period, and if you buy from their online site, they send out offers throughout the year up to 40% off. Couple that with free gift cards from my "Rewards" mastercard, and I get free boots whenever I need them. I will say I have tried alot of their boots and did return some that were not comfortable. But once I have found a few I like, I just reorder them.

c2500

Howard Burger

don't forget the boot dryer

don't forget the boot dryer

I've been wearing Danners for 25+ years. I get about 3 resoles from them before their shot. One of my best 'tools' however, is the boot dryer I put them on each night. I have a timer on it so it's warm/dry them for an hour or two after I get home, and for a couple hours before I put them on in the morning. Warm dry boots, what a way to start the day!

Doug S.

I've been wearing Danners for 25+ years. I get about 3 resoles from them before their shot. One of my best 'tools' however, is the boot dryer I put them on each night. I have a timer on it so it's warm/dry them for an hour or two after I get home, and for a couple hours before I put them on in the morning. Warm dry boots, what a way to start the day!

Do you run that in the house? How's the house smell? ;)

I wear Redwing 2264's ( at least that's the number in the tongue ) I just go to the store every two years, or so, and say 'I would like a new pair of what I'm wearing, exactly'
I've had some Carolina's in the past, I they were great too.
I wear my boots many hours a day. New(er) pair at work, old pair at home. Work hours are mostly concrete floors.

What do ya'll do to keep the steel's covered on your toes?
That and sole damage from squatting are what do my boots in. ( Any brand )

Doug S.

Howard Burger

where's the boot dryer?

where's the boot dryer?

It lives in the garage. Now, I like a pair of old beat up slippers for in the house, instead of old work boots. Each to their own, I guess.

ItsHot

flip-flops

flip-flops

In addition to flip-flops (around home office) I guess I have worn Timberlands more than any other brand. Probably the ones c2500 are describing. Don't forget a good pair of quality boot socks!! I know a few guys that wear the shoe from Redwing that John posted! They say that they are great!

brian john

IMGP0317.jpg

And before the trash talking starts I wear these or similar everyday on all jobs. I crushed my right foot and these are comfortable.

JFletcher

Redwing boots. I dunno the model number - the two pairs I have are 10 and 11 years old. There is not one broken stitch or frayed lace between them. I resoled the older pair last year. Best boots I've ever owned, except in really cold weather.... *brrrr!*

Status
Not open for further replies.