Does the light canopy count for box fill ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glene77is

Well it passed, the inspector never said a thing about the pancake boxes. We had 14-3 in every one of them.

But they do get good retirement benifits.

Buck,
The 14-3 must have been to a Fan/light?

I worked 20 years at the State for my pension,
and made more money than I do now,
and "Yes" that benefit really helps nowadays,
while I wait for spring-:)time and the economy.

hillbilly

IMO 410.20 doesn't apply.

Article 410 (2005) (420 2008?)
Section III. Provisions at Luminaire (Fixture) Outlet Boxes, Canopies, and Pans.

410.10 Space for Conductors.
Canopies and outlet boxes taken together shall provide adequate space so that luminarie (fixture) conductors and their connecting devices can be properly installed.

How does that not apply?
It says what it says.:roll:

steve

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Article 410 (2005) (420 2008?)
Section III. Provisions at Luminaire (Fixture) Outlet Boxes, Canopies, and Pans.

410.10 Space for Conductors.
Canopies and outlet boxes taken together shall provide adequate space so that luminarie (fixture) conductors and their connecting devices can be properly installed.

How does that not apply?
It says what it says.:roll:

steve

It says what it says but what does it mean? It says that they shall provide adequate space whatever that means? How do you calculate adequate space? :confused:

radiopet

I have a hard time enforcing "adequate space" versus exactly what it says in 314.16(A). Is it to be implied that 410.20 is the common sense approach to what 314.16(A) actually says. I doubt it.

480sparky

I'm surprised the word 'adequate' is still in there. The word is listed in T3.2.1 of the NEC Style Manual as a term that is possibly vague and unenforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.