Status
Not open for further replies.

mh183

1. if you have an existing panel run in s.e.r cable you may run from this panel to a new pool

2. If during a renovation project in a residential situation the main panel becomes the sub panel it is existing and you may leave the pool connected to it even if you run s.e.r. from the new main panel to the sub panel

3.if everyone agrees so far what do you do when you have a meter and main combo outside and a lug only panel in side can you run from the sub panel to the pool . i think it is the same as an existing situation, although I would like to see what everyone else thinks

hillbilly

Are you talking about running a feeder from the existing (sub) panel to power a pool (breaker) panel?

Or

Are you talking about running branch circuits from the existing (sub) panel to feed the pool components individually (pump motors, lights, etc.?)

Hope that's clear
steve

cadpoint

1. if you have an existing panel run in s.e.r cable you may run from this panel to a new pool

2. If during a renovation project in a residential situation the main panel becomes the sub panel it is existing and you may leave the pool connected to it even if you run s.e.r. from the new main panel to the sub panel

3.if everyone agrees so far what do you do when you have a meter and main combo outside and a lug only panel in side can you run from the sub panel to the pool . i think it is the same as an existing situation, although I would like to see what everyone else thinks

In answer to #1
As I read it you aren't meeting the requirements of 680.25 because s.e.r. is being used which is a uninsulated conductor!. Even though its an approved cable assemebly. There's SE and USE, maybe I don't understand S.E.R. Article 338

I don't understand how you could have a main lug only at your new Service Equipment because your changing the Serivce Point ?

628 is a tough code read on a Saturday morning... :roll: (I love it)

Last edited:

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You are required to have an insulated EGC with the feeder from the service equipment to the panel feeding the pool equipment. The exception allows an existing cable with a covered EGC to remain. What you are proposing is to move the service equipment and install a new feeder to the existing service panel. Since this feeder is new and not existing it must be run in an approved raceway and include an insulated EGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.