Is This What They Mean By "Arranged to Drain"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was consulting on a job the other day, and the building's electrical work was in major disrepair. They sort of wanted me to look the other way while I was discussing the job at hand.

I came across this PVC install, and I thought it was a good example of "Arranged to Drain" :grin:

PVC-mess1.jpg

PVC-mess2.jpg

PVC-mess5.jpg

PVC-mess6.jpg

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
PVC has lessened our quality of workmanship, and we have become used to how easy it is to install. It, like any other wiring method, has its places, like underground.
It can be installed on the exterior of a building, but even strapped every 5ft never looks right.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Until now I never knew how to install a drip loop in PVC conduit.
All the outdoor PVC I've seen developes numerous "drip loops" as soon as summer weather arrives :grin:
I agree with Tom, it's should never be an exposed outdoor raceway.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
All the outdoor PVC I've seen developes numerous "drip loops" as soon as summer weather arrives :grin:
I agree with Tom, it's should never be an exposed outdoor raceway.

Did Tom say that?

I agree it ends up looking bad, but it is servicable and safe. And cheap. If the owner does not care what it looks like, who cares? Its his money and his building.

emahler

only problem i see is that they used 2 different colors of PVC...failure to have uniform color makes the job visually unpleasing...

Status
Not open for further replies.