circ panel clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreshtool

what is the nec requirement for clearance around a circuit breaker panel in a commercial space; 3' in front? what about sides?

480sparky

HoltBlueDot.jpg

mthead

circ panel clearance

You don't have a copy of the NEC?
Not any Nec from any year?
I say any year only because 110.26 hasn't undergone any substantial changes for many code cycles now.
But then you are an architect ,right?
So as the 'Brother Kane' back at Chaminade would say...,
"Mr.Kreshtool..,why do you ask ?"
"Do you really want the answer to that question ,or are you just trying to cause some trouble?"

I'll tell you-brother Kane could see through us a smile away.

Last edited:

480sparky

.............I say any year only because 110.26 hasn't undergone any substantial changes for many code cycles now.

Uh, I wouldn't exacly call 4 code cycles 'many'.

The code reference was born in 1940 as Article 1111. Twixt 1943 and 1955 is was 1112, and from 1956-1957 is was 1116.

In 1959, the numbering system was totally revamped and it became 110-16. It was moved to 110-15 in '62, then back to 110-16 in '65. It stayed there until 1996.

It became 110-26 in 1999. In the 2002, the decimal numbering system was adopted and the hyphen was replaced with a period. So became the current 110.26.

kreshtool

You don't have a copy of the NEC?
Not any Nec from any year?
I say any year only because 110.26 hasn't undergone any substantial changes for many code cycles now.
But then you are an architect ,right?
So as the 'Brother Kane' back at Chaminade would say...,
"Mr.Kreshtool..,why do you ask ?"
"Do you really want the answer to that question ,or are you just trying to cause some trouble?"

I'll tell you-brother Kane could see through us a smile away.

Ok Ok,
I'm with you.
but I did ask my electrician to crack his NEC and tell me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.