source for Challeger res interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Anyone know a source for Challenger replacement interiors for a residential 100 amp meter combo

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Personally I would try to sell a service upgrade.

Though you could try here, they have FPE and Challenger http://www.fpeparts.com/

The screwed part is there is rock work around the panel Flush mount. Main breaker , and buss burned and melted. The aluminum is anealed.
I had to get it back together tonight. So I pulled a bus from another panel and replaced the breakers. The POCO would not return to De-energize so I was forced to make the repair instead of re-placement. to a few hours get the old bus ount and the new one in. It was not a direct replacement. Spacing is a bit off did the best I could.

Boy this economy sucks. I used to be able to call the POCO service man and he would take care of dispatch. He would let me know when he would be there to unlock or de-energize. I would not have to wait around on the customers dime. Now call the 800 number and wait.

PetrosA

What I did in a similar situation:

Also about 3 PM on a Friday - I found the most similar Cutler-Hammer panel my supply house stocked, ripped the guts out (mains and neutral busses), measured and tapped the old enclosure to fit the new guts, assembled and wired, then used the cover from the new panel on the old enclosure. If you find a good match (especially need to pay attention to whether you'll have enough wire to reach the new main) it will look original by the time you're done. Since you use the new panel cover, as long as you measure and tap carefully, there should be no mismatch between cover/breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.