where can I get a lien form??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt66electric

I'm tired of dunning people for payment! The county clerk says" its easy pay your money and fill out the form". OK.. where is the form?? ...I don't know

Where can I get a mechanics lien form without paying "leagal form R US .com"???

ceb58

I'm tired of dunning people for payment! The county clerk says" its easy pay your money and fill out the form". OK.. where is the form?? ...I don't know

Did you ask the clerk if they have the forms? If not you may have to go the form r us route. Different states have different requirements so you would need your state specific forms.

K2X

We have a room at the courthouse that sells all kinds of forms including lien packets, and evictions packets. The packets come with step by step instructions and some general information.

dduffee260

Just because you get a lien does not me you instantly get your money. We have a lien for 35k on a shopping center. We are now starting foreclosure proceedings. Sad thing is we are just one of several contractors owed money on this project. I can easily see us starting a removal process on parking lot lighting pretty soon. Good luck with yours.

StephenSDH

Have you informed them a lien would be placed on their facility. I would be blunt and let them know you are proceeding with a lien. Just in case it saves you paperwork/time/money. Alot of time these people have money, but they are decide who if any they are going to pay.

Power Tech

I would write the owner a letter stating that filing a lean will clout the title of the property and it is in their best interest to pay the invoice.

Are we talking a lot of money?

rt66electric

I would write the owner a letter stating that filing a lean will clout the title of the property and it is in their best interest to pay the invoice.

Are we talking a lot of money?

$8000 is a lot of money for a one horse shop,
I have started calling everbody on the blueprints, some guys are nice and give me another number to call, Maybe the squeaky wheel may get some grease.

The job was an out of town. I found the addres of one of the supervisors, his daughter looked really scared (I guess he was too chicken to answer the door himself) when I personally delivered a bill to his house: which is located on the golf couse.

Status
Not open for further replies.