How to: Temp Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
This is how our company installs temps, see any problems?

DOHLantanaroof026.jpg

mcclary's electrical

That's a 4" PVC workbox, so the screws fot the GFI are not in the slots where they should be. The cover is upside down, and it does not fiit right. There's too much gap around the GFI, it looks to me they cut holes by hand. But you can see the screws aren't hitting the slots where they should be. Somethings not right.

ohmhead

This is how our company installs temps, see any problems? Well they still need a cover plate on the inside and no ground on the meter the inuse covers if thats what they are are not used upside down the crts are not marked on the rec .
And theres not a GFI sign off card on the front but iam getting old and i cant see .

Last edited:

PCN

I know this is not part of your question but is aluminum meter enclosure a typical item in your region?
Not sure I've ever seen one up here in the northeast, or when I worked out west for that matter.

Cavie

Alm meter cans are just about all we use in this part of the world. Ground is run to the panel. Very much allowed around here. Circuit #'s not required on the recepts. Sign off cards not required. I've never seen that type box before but I guessing there is another internal cover. Probibly more than one to cover different typs of devices. The offsets are legal but too short, that's why the inuse covers are upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.