Interesting pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim W in Tampa

Not sure if i would even touch this hacked up job. First guy tried twice and someone is not getting paid. Your asking for problems and i would demand cash up front to even touch it. If you do take the job i would start with meeting with the inspector. Nothing short of tearing the garbage work out and reinstall will fix this mess.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Mark, The 3 and 4 wire cable PG&E uses always has yellow for the Neutral. In the field they usually phase the black wires red for A, white for B and blue for C.

e57

Mark, The 3 and 4 wire cable PG&E uses always has yellow for the Neutral. In the field they usually phase the black wires red for A, white for B and blue for C.
Come to think of it - yeah - you're right but that is their 'not available to anyone else' triplex stuff with the single thin yellow longitudinal stripe... (Reduced size...) I don't think I have ever seen them phase tape anything though.

SiddMartin

the job is a space in a shopping center. This guy got the winning bid for the service for the spot, that is all. I came in to pull some circuits, and stopped once I saw all the issues. What horrible workmanship

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
Looks like a handyman electrician got a comercial job and had no idea how to do the job correctly.

SiddMartin

they are, but they are using the conduit as a ground (unless they still have to pull it - see pull string), but inside they are using SS CPLG

Status
Not open for further replies.