Just want to make sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awc

Hello everyone! I just want to make sure I'm 100% on this. I've read several posts from before and It is true that there is no commercial requirement for receptacle spacing? I don't mean to bother any of you with a question that has been touched on before but I like to be 100% positive in my mind. So if I understand this correctly it's essentially based on design of Electrical Designer/Engineer. Code only calls out a requirement for residential from what I found and read in the past. Thanks in advance for your time.

nakulak

for the most part yes. you still need certain receptacles (within 25' of hvac unit for servicing, etc), but not the wall recepts spelled out for dwellings.

rcarroll

Years back I wired a small TF, the GC told me to "wire it to code". I installed a couple of show window outlets & 1 for the cash register. As it turned out, the owners of the business needed several more receps & I had to cut them all in.:roll:

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Years back I wired a small TF, the GC told me to "wire it to code". I installed a couple of show window outlets & 1 for the cash register. As it turned out, the owners of the business needed several more receps & I had to cut them all in.:roll:

I assume you got paid for the extra outlets?

Status
Not open for further replies.