Triplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

resistance

Does anyone know where to buy a triplex receptacle (TR rated) besides the Acenti line made by Leviton--which is not TR rated? Or do they even make one? Just curious.

Thanks!

celtic

acenti-triplex-receptacles-s.jpg

....thought you had lost your mind there

celtic

Those are leviton (Acenti Line), and are not TR rated. I can't use them.

I know that.....
NOW...

I had never seen or heard of that item until your post....thought you might have been out in the sun too long....:D

Slapped a pic for others :)
....showing what you DON'T want.

masterinbama

They make a line of plates for the specific (Acenti) devices. So no, a decora plate want work.

I might check them out with my local Leviton supplier.
I was with Celtic when I first read your post I thought it was a joke. Like when I ask the guys if they can draw me a diagram for wiring a 2 pole 4 wire clothes dryer.

resistance

What's the reason for using triplex receps?

The customer wants one additional receptacle, and do not want us to cut into their expensive tile. So we decided to go with a triplex receptacle to meet their needs. But our bubble was busted today, when we found out leviton doesn't make a TR triplex receptacle. If we can't find one, then we may have to talk them out of it. Installing a power strip is also out of the question (Multi receptacle)--seeing that we would have to cut the tile. They do not want us touching their tile...... Period!! Don't tell them, but I put my hand on it yesterday...............LOL!!

resistance

I know that.....
NOW...

I had never seen or heard of that item until your post....thought you might have been out in the sun too long....:D

Slapped a pic for others :)
....showing what you DON'T want.

No sun today............LOL!! Yeah, i've only used them once. They are a nice addition for some projects!!!

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
The customer wants one additional receptacle, and do not want us to cut into their expensive tile. So we decided to go with a triplex receptacle to meet their needs. But our bubble was busted today, when we found out leviton doesn't make a TR triplex receptacle. If we can't find one, then we may have to talk them out of it. Installing a power strip is also out of the question (Multi receptacle)--seeing that we would have to cut the tile. They do not want us touching their tile...... Period!! Don't tell them, but I put my hand on it yesterday...............LOL!!

Where's it located that there's tile but doesn't need a GFI?

Those triplex receps look like kind of pain to have three cords plugged in at once anyhow....

resistance

Where's it located that there's tile but doesn't need a GFI?

Those triplex receps look like kind of pain to have three cords plugged in at once anyhow....
Kitchen>The install will satisfy section 210.8(A)6. [GFCI breaker]

Status
Not open for further replies.