recommend torque wrench for breakers/panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mka

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and it seems to be a great site. However I didn't see a category that fit my question properly. So I apologize if this seems to be posted in the wrong section.

I'm looking to buy a good torque driver for panel/circuit breaker torquing. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks,

Mka

Last edited:

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I have two Kleins, both 3/8" drive, had for many years, work well. You need two to cover the entire range. I sent these in for the first time in 20 years to be calibrated and they dead on.
For screws, Klein makes a torque screwdriver.
I recently needed a torque screwdriver for small DIN rail mount terminal blocks, 5-10 in lb. I got a Whia and its very nice as it has interchangeable bits. I have found quite a few loose terminals.

mka

torque driver

torque driver

I have two Kleins, both 3/8" drive, had for many years, work well. You need two to cover the entire range. I sent these in for the first time in 20 years to be calibrated and they dead on.
For screws, Klein makes a torque screwdriver.
I recently needed a torque screwdriver for small DIN rail mount terminal blocks, 5-10 in lb. I got a Whia and its very nice as it has interchangeable bits. I have found quite a few loose terminals.
It figures. Okay I just wanted to make sure Klein hit the nail on the head with their torque driver. I will look for one.

Thanks,

Mka

mka

torque driver

torque driver

It figures. Okay I just wanted to make sure Klein hit the nail on the head with their torque driver. I will look for one.

Thanks,

Mka

Actually, the Klein will only torque to 36 in.-lbs. My 60A breaker requires 45 lbs. for CU and 50 lbs. for AL. It seems Klein should cover this. What gives?

Mka

Status
Not open for further replies.