Electric Door Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I had to help a local area GC by helping a client of his move from one office building to another as far as the electric is concern, Remove the UPS system, Removed their Card readers, Door controllers, Power Supplies, ECT......

Their new location is multi tennant building, they moved and they asked me if I can install the old card reader in, I said yes since I have taken a few courses and work in the alarm systems about 15 years ago.

I know how to install, my question is their main entrance door in case of fire does it has to be fail safe , their IT fail safe. They have REX PIR in the main door, I will install the door strike ,card reader and door control, and REX in their IT Room Also.

The main entrance door is made out of wood with previous access control hardware all ready install, all that I am thinking of doing is changing the card reader and door controller. It is tied to a GE Fire or Burglary Panel I was to tired at 2:00 in the morning to find out what it was, I will go there tomorrow to check.

This is in New Jersey By the way, I will consult the AHJ but wanted your knowledge and advice thanks.

Last edited:
I guess nobody here in this forum installs,troubleshoots and maintains security, fire alarms or building automation? PS I did find out it must be fail safe and must be tied to the FACP for alarm panel to control egress in case of fire.

Last edited:

brennan

Electric strikes are fail safe you should not have to trip the power supply (unlock doors) on fire alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.