Panelboard in a kiosk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmcghee

Designing an electrical system for a small kiosk in a mall, need to locate a loadcenter somewhere within the kiosk. The area within the kiosk millwork slated for the loadcenter is 25" wide, 36" tall (base cabinet). This loadcenter is not service equipment, it's a sub-panel, however 110.26 addresses electrical "equipment", not just service equipment. The cabinet does lock, which qualifies it as accessible to qualified personnel per NEC (even though the 16 year old running the slushie machine has a key to the cabinet). Per plan review comments, my load center location does not comply with 110.26, but I've designed and wired many kiosks with the same available space as this one. Is there an exception? (need an actual code reference, if one exists). Thanks!!!

mcclary's electrical

Designing an electrical system for a small kiosk in a mall, need to locate a loadcenter somewhere within the kiosk. The area within the kiosk millwork slated for the loadcenter is 25" wide, 36" tall (base cabinet). This loadcenter is not service equipment, it's a sub-panel, however 110.26 addresses electrical "equipment", not just service equipment. The cabinet does lock, which qualifies it as accessible to qualified personnel per NEC (even though the 16 year old running the slushie machine has a key to the cabinet). Per plan review comments, my load center location does not comply with 110.26, but I've designed and wired many kiosks with the same available space as this one. Is there an exception? (need an actual code reference, if one exists). Thanks!!!

Not that I know of. They need to make kiosk 30" instead of 25"

raider1

Staff member
Per plan review comments, my load center location does not comply with 110.26, but I've designed and wired many kiosks with the same available space as this one. Is there an exception? (need an actual code reference, if one exists). Thanks!!!

No, there is no exception for the working space clearance requirements for a panelboard. It appears you will need to find a better location to mount this panelboard.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.