What brand of panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbilly

I use Siemens or GE.

My home (30 years old) has a General Switch Panel.
The breakers seem really cheaply made, but I did have one trip a few months ago on a overload, so I assume that they're still OK.:roll:
My wife plugged her electric powered leaf blower (15A) into a circuit that was already fairly well loaded, and it tripped after about 10 minutes.

I don't use the Square D Homeline panel for one reason....the Aluminum Buss.

steve

formula1

square d qo the best panel have you ever purposely tripped a qo breaker instant trip try trip ch you might as well be welding
qo

peter d

square d qo the best panel have you ever purposely tripped a qo breaker instant trip try trip ch you might as well be welding
qo

I agree. There is a noticeable difference between the amount of sparks and "bang" between a Cutler Hammer breaker and Square D. Don't ask how I know this. ;)

flashlight

Occupation
Electrician, semi-retired
"The name Square D originated from one of the company's first products, a new safety switch with the company's new logo, a "D" (for Detroit) inside a square. The product quickly became the industry standard and many customers began asking for "those square D switches." The trademark was developed in 1915, and the name Square D Company was formally adopted in 1917. To this day, Square D is one of the few companies ever named by its customers."
-squared.com

What about Mickey D's ?

sparky192

Square D, it may cost a bit more, but it is very reliable and has been time tested over many many years. I dont use anything but it, unless the customer wants somthing else.

RH1

I think this breaker thing is just a fad, I still install fuse panels.

fuse-panel-8.jpg

tyha

It really is amazing. I never knew that people had such preferances when it came to what type of panel they were installing on a project. It has to be a residential thing because we dont do residential. The type of gear that gets installed on our jobs depends on which vendor quoted us the best deal. but for some reason i want to say i have heard my guys praising sq-d

norcal

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter d
Yes, absolutely. I would only install FPE or Zinsco in my own house.

If had only those 2 choices, would pick FPE.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.