surges

Status
Not open for further replies.

stars13bars2

There are not any electrical systems, that have been connected to the grid for any ammount of time, that haven't been hit by a surge.

SG-1

I remember another thread addressing this and there were pictures of the waterlines where they attached to the washing machine showing burn marks. There were also burn marks at a gas line connection.

damiank_1

i'm i florida, we had a really bad lightning strom where the power to my neighbors house went out several time within an hour. the next day she told me that her computer,tv,phone, and the clock on her range went out. the light were still working, i told her that she might have had a surge that knocked them out. i was just wondering if there are some signs to look for.

damiank_1

i did not investigate deeply, but from just looking at the panel there was no visible driven ground rod or ground wire to the meter nor the panel itself, the is no TVSS or surge arrestor. the house was built in the 60's if that makes a difference.

SG-1

I think an investment in a ground rod or two and a whole house surge suppressor + supressors on all all recpt. that feed electronic loads would be a good start for this home owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.