Lighting contactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

Can we use 12 pole lighting contactor to feed both 120V and 277V lighting circuit? (i.e. pole 1 -7: serving (8) 277V lighting circuits, pole 8-12: feed (5) 120V lighting circuit)? Will it work or we have to use two separate contactors one for 277V circuits and one for 120V circuits?

Is there any code violation...I am wondering since there is no physical divider barrier between 277V and 120V circuit go to same contactor? Thanks!

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
That's a good question, and i'm not sure. I believe the concern is the voltage difference between adjacent poles.

Lighting contactors are expensive. Have you looked into using multiple 3- or 4-pole contactors? It's a lot less $.

wireguru

That's a good question, and i'm not sure. I believe the concern is the voltage difference between adjacent poles.

Lighting contactors are expensive. Have you looked into using multiple 3- or 4-pole contactors? It's a lot less $.

seems like it would also be cheaper to use multiple contactors so you arent paying for 277/480 poles that are being used for 120.

Status
Not open for further replies.