conductors supplying the outlet shall be removed from the
raceway. No splices or reinsulated conductors, such as
would be the case of abandoned outlets on loop wiring,
shall be allowed in raceways.
Hope this explain the dilema. :)

kacper

I suggest you also take a look at:
110.12 Mechanical Execution of Work.
It happend anyone can failed inspection based only on this section requirements.

celtic

I suggest you also take a look at:
110.12 Mechanical Execution of Work.
It happend anyone can failed inspection based only on this section requirements.

That is quite a stretch of the imagination.

That depends......

...on what?

On the conditions of the work performance and wormanship alone (clean place)and sometimes (perhaps) on the Inspector

I would agree if this were in regards to a facility where the owners are the AHJ, but out in the real world ~ good luck with that line of thought :roll:

kacper

Just need to see where the NEC requires that no wiring should be abandoned but shall be removed.

I think people on the board already notice that we a little bit of from the original question. The answer to is provided in 372.13
I respect healthy arguments and conversation.
It was a pleasure talking to you my friend. Believed me: The reason behind 110.12 being in the code is only for the safety reason.
I am sure i do not have to explain that

Johnmcca

372.13 only applies to cellular concrete floor raceways. What about the rest of the building? 800.25, 820.25,830.25 also apply. But also may or may not be relevant to the situation.:)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
There's a new code section that says all abandoned copper wire shall be removed, stripped clean, and sent to me.

PM me for my address. :cool:

celtic

The answer to is provided in 372.13
I respect healthy arguments and conversation.

As do I, but 372 applies ONLY to Cellular Concrete Floor Raceways, nothing else.
The OP never mentioned exactly what he was talking about....be it NM, BX, CAT5, FA, Pipe & wire, etc.

It was a pleasure talking to you my friend. Believed me: The reason behind 110.12 being in the code is only for the safety reason.
I am sure i do not have to explain that

I think you do - I have not been impressed with your understanding of the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.