MC cable lenghts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssandoval

I do not see anything in the NEC that limits lengths for fixture whips, but is it OK for one of my electrical contractors to coil excess lengths of MC between the j-box and fixture as long as it is properly supported? Thanks to all.

raider1

Staff member
is it OK for one of my electrical contractors to coil excess lengths of MC between the j-box and fixture as long as it is properly supported?

Yes, there is no NEC restriction for the length of the branch circuit wiring between the final j-box and the luminaire.

Chris

Yes, there is no NEC restriction for the length of the branch circuit wiring between the final j-box and the luminaire.

But sometimes there are issues with the owner of the company looking up and seeing that excess neatly coiled MC and then looking throughout the rest of the project at how much more was similarly wasted and then wondering why his foreman allowed that to happen...

if you know what I mean ;)

raider1

Staff member
But sometimes there are issues with the owner of the company looking up and seeing that excess neatly coiled MC and then looking throughout the rest of the project at how much more was similarly wasted and then wondering why his foreman allowed that to happen...

if you know what I mean ;)

I understand completely, I was a foreman on many projects throughout my career.;):)

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.