Yeah - stuff that thing in a hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RH1

This install should have been performed using a one man outfit. They are better adapted to using alternate methods to accomplish what others struggle over..
CATAPULT.JPGE11A0BE2-A84E-4792-870A26BBCD5316FE.jpgLarge.jpg

This looks perfect for ceiling fans.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I bet the manufacturers instructions for that gear have very specific methods of lifting outlined, which do not include this. I would be concerned about the cabinet being tweaked, possibly breaking insulators holding the busses.

I don't install very many of this size, but the last came in a vertical position with explicit instructions on each section to maintain that position during installation. Lifting points were at the top of each section.

iwire

Staff member
I don't install very many of this size, but the last came in a vertical position with explicit instructions on each section to maintain that position during installation. Lifting points were at the top of each section.

I think if you where to go back and look the instructions say during shipping, not installation.

e57

I think if you where to go back and look the instructions say during shipping, not installation.
Actually - it looks to be the reverse:

It doesn't say during shipping - or handling.... Which is what that was... (Un-packed at that point) And the truck that brought it there did have to go up some hills... :roll:

But - in storage it says:

Switchboards should be placed on solid, level surfaces for
storage. Switchboard sections must remain in an upright
position at all times. Laying switchboard sections on their
back or side can result in permanent damage to components
and the switchboard structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.