Man hours per ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappy

I have a electrical unit & assembly cost data book by Al Sauerbier. It doesn't have the man hours per ft. for digging a 6" deep trench 3" wide. Can anyone provide this info. please? Thank you.

satcom

I have a electrical unit & assembly cost data book by Al Sauerbier. It doesn't have the man hours per ft. for digging a 6" deep trench 3" wide. Can anyone provide this info. please? Thank you.

More info needed,

Soil conditions, will it include back fill, if so what type of fill, will it need any tamping, who is doing the locating services? and will you have to mark the run? will it be dug by hand, or with trenching equipment?

We just call a local contractor and get a price, then mark it up 50% we have some crazy idea that our business should make money. The trenching contractors will be happy to give you a price, and you can back to your electrical work.

mcclary's electrical

The smallest trench my software has is 10"x12". It comes in at .02 mhrs per Lf. Equipment cost of $5.32 per Lf. labor cost $.69 per LF comes in at $6.01 per Lf. That's with nothing in the ditch yet. Seperate pricing for whatever goes in it.

Last edited:

zappy

More info needed,

Soil conditions, will it include back fill, if so what type of fill, will it need any tamping, who is doing the locating services? and will you have to mark the run? will it be dug by hand, or with trenching equipment?

We just call a local contractor and get a price, then mark it up 50% we have some crazy idea that our business should make money. The trenching contractors will be happy to give you a price, and you can back to your electrical work.

Would be by hand. Soil is soft. Not sure what tamping is? No back fill info needed. Good idea about calling someone else to do the digging;)

satcom

Would be by hand. Soil is soft. Not sure what tamping is? No back fill info needed. Good idea about calling someone else to do the digging;)

For many years now we have sent the digging out, and make money on every trench, before it was back breaking and it just slowed us down, every now and then a homeowner says they will do the trench, and if you let them, do it it will cost you more, to make it right, when they are worried about saving every penny they are not the type of customer you need or want.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Not sure what tamping is?
Hint: It's what you do with a tamper:
tamper10x10.jpg

RH1

A 6" deep "trench" is nothing. A guy should easily be able to do 30' per hour to dig and 100' per hour to backfill and tamp. Tamping in this case is done with your feet.

aline

A 6" deep "trench" is nothing. A guy should easily be able to do 30' per hour to dig and 100' per hour to backfill and tamp. Tamping in this case is done with your feet.
I think it would depend on where you're doing the trenching.

RockyGround.jpg

jungle.jpg

Beach.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.