Westinghouse busways

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenjeans

Inactive, Email Never Verified
Has eveyone ever worked with a Westinghouse "POW-R-WAY" busways. Need to remove a 200 amp disconnect to repair or replace contact (lost phase) having trouble finding info on how to find parts and specs on how to assemble/dissemble disonnect from busway
blg engineer say it can be removed with out shutting down the 800 amp main (which would shutt down 5 floors plus the hotel kitchen) I disagreed with him!! I'm not dying to keep a dozen rooms occupied.
just need to have a spare disconnect on hand, in case i need it. have any ideas, i would appreciate any advice or insight. Thanks

wireguru

yeah - thats a good idea, pull a broken plug in bus switch hot. Nothing bad has ever come from doing that.... :roll:

If the engineer insists, let him pull it -maybe you will get more work out of replacing the section of bus he blows up.

This is from Midwest's website:

"MIDWEST believes bus plugs can not safely be removed or install while the bus duct is energized. Our recommended procedure is to de-energize the main bus, lock out and tag out, remove or relocate the bus plug, and then safely re-energize the system"

Status
Not open for further replies.