My first pic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbeer

Mr Fine, please read my post carefully, I am not insiting anyone use anything.......merely shedding some light hearted humor to the situation that exists geographically where you can do this but I may only do that. Also notate the smiley! :)

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Mr Fine, please read my post carefully, I am not insiting anyone use anything.......merely shedding some light hearted humor to the situation that exists geographically where you can do this but I may only do that. Also notate the smiley! :)
I did, I know you aren't, I know that, and I did. ;) My observation was not aimed at you, it was just triggered by your post. I'm very much with you on this.

It reminded me of certain political debates where side A has a live-and-let-live outlook, while said B believes their convictions should be binding on everyone.

Cute avatar, by the way.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
You can count me in as an anti - SE cable guy.

I do find it interesting that the use of SE cable seems to be locality dependent. It is very rare to see it in Western Michigan, but is ubiquitous on the east side of the state. There are exceptions to the rule, as in my little subdivision here on the west side that is wrought with the stuff. The pic is from said subdivision.

Now, the pipe guys are far from perfect and I will have some pics to show their work. It is common to see masts bent over due to improper installation. Somewhere I have a picture of a mast made of square tubing with silicone filling up the gaps on the top of the meter socket. I have also witnessed 2 inch LB's buried in the wall. One place had back to back 2 inch LB's under the drywall.

The sad part is, I'm not even an inspector. This is just stuff I see on a day to day basis and 90 percent of it is outside of work, visible to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.