Exam prep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first logged on here you guys told me "what about you telling us what you think the answer is". So I came back and looked through the code found the answers and listed them with my code questions. If you feel I now need to list the articles to my code questions too. So be it! I just want people to check my answers. That's all. If you don't want to..... Why don't you allow others to help me with my answers....And not close the thread....

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Go for it. Post a question and how you arrived at your answer as Charlie pointed out. We are all here to learn and help when we can.

Welcome to the Forum.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
The problem is that you are not helping us help you. Quoting a test question and telling us which answer you would choose does not tell us what you want us to do. Applaud you for getting it right? Tell you to make another guess, because your first guess was wrong? We are not going to grade your sample test for you.

This is a code forum. For most of the questions I have seen you post, if you had looked up the answer in the code book you would know absolutely that you had it right. You would not need anything from us.

On the other hand, if you tried to look something up, and couldn?t find the answer, and told us where you tried to look, we might be able to do something useful for you. We might be able to say, for example, that you are looking in the wrong area, and suggest a better place to look.

In general, I don?t like to see test questions quoted as a new thread. I would rather see you say that there is something about XYZ that you don?t understand, and you can?t find in the book, and would someone please give you an idea where to find it. That we can help with.

mivey

To add to what charlie said: What if you got the right answer for the wrong reason?

It is possible to blunder into the correct answer. Showing us your work allows us to determine if you arrived at the correct answer using a valid approach.

mattc

The problem is that you are not helping us help you. Quoting a test question and telling us which answer you would choose does not tell us what you want us to do. Applaud you for getting it right? Tell you to make another guess, because your first guess was wrong? We are not going to grade your sample test for you.

This is a code forum. For most of the questions I have seen you post, if you had looked up the answer in the code book you would know absolutely that you had it right. You would not need anything from us.

On the other hand, if you tried to look something up, and couldn?t find the answer, and told us where you tried to look, we might be able to do something useful for you. We might be able to say, for example, that you are looking in the wrong area, and suggest a better place to look.

In general, I don?t like to see test questions quoted as a new thread. I would rather see you say that there is something about XYZ that you don?t understand, and you can?t find in the book, and would someone please give you an idea where to find it. That we can help with.

hello
I also asked a question it was about 220.5B and is was not put on the forum .
That was a question from a example from one of mikes books
After I submitted the question It came up that a moderator would have to look at it. It was never put on that I know of. So was it not put on because I used a book example?
I payed 60.00 for this book and can't post a example that I have a question on.

matt

thanks for any help

mattc

hello
I also asked a question it was about 220.5B and is was not put on the forum .
That was a question from a example from one of mikes books
After I submitted the question It came up that a moderator would have to look at it. It was never put on that I know of. So was it not put on because I used a book example?
I payed 60.00 for this book and can't post a example that I have a question on.

matt

thanks for any help

well I feel stuipid I found it LOL:grin: I did not see it:roll:

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.