400 amp service Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

Start with doing a load calc for each unit.

Ditto on that - An excel spreadsheet is your best freind. Although there are some good ones made by some - There is a panel schedule sheet available free here that does some good generalized calculations in the process of making a panel schedule... I find it handy- so long as you understand how calc's work, and that it is not real and full calc'.....

But if the specification is to just throw a service in with so many amps available for an unknown set of TI spaces - I would clarify it is just that - calc the house panel stuff and be done with it. But you should calc any existing loads and empty space based on at least sq'.

Otherwise welcome to the forum - and BTW I grew up in Somerville, MA (E.Somerville/E.Cambridge) - never worked there, and never going back.... ;)

e57

Layout?

Use a one piece meter/main combo four pack.

Enter/exit it as required.
AKA - "Slapper" as in you slap it up.... (Well in this case - it may take a few guys to hold it toward the wall...) However, it may be best to check locally as some POCO's may require by-pass (It seems yours does) difficult to find in a slapper, or specific sized POCO section for termination, and some AHJ may require a main, and/or certain AIC requirements...

Status
Not open for further replies.