Old Breaker ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpross

Does anybody recognize this breaker? I am looking to replace this with a GFI breaker if possible. Any thoughts?

Other option is to re-stamp mounting plate so that a GFI outlet will fit, but the customer really likes the idea of having a GFI breaker...

Thanks in advance!
Matt

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
yes thats old Frank, why not take off the cover and look at the sticker? GFI should fit if the manuf. is still around.

mpross

Remove Cover

Remove Cover

I couldn't take anything apart at the time... figured I could rely on someone to help me out :)

Thanks!

480sparky

Here's the pix for those who don't want to click on the link:

OldBreaker.jpg

I would say it's a Generous Electric.

Although I would change the EMT fitting on the top, too.​

hurk27

I would say also that is a GE 1" stab (Bryant style) in a Mid West Electric receptacle tap box. many of the Mid West box's were UL listed for several breaker manufactures, including GE, Bryant, CH (BR series) ITE/Siemens, and a few more that used these type breakers. if this is in fact a Mid West box, then any GFCI breaker from the above will work.;)

Also this is common to see in an industrial building, where a receptacle was needed and is tapped off the crane rail power

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
As the others have said, that's a standard 1" size, and any approved standard GFCI breaker should fit just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.