POCO closing mains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I had a strange situation today. POCO installed the meters in a meter bank for 2 offices. GC said he saw them leave and called me, GC never left the site and when I got there the electric/meter room was locked. Both mains were closed. I have never known POCO to close a customers main, but these were small jobs feed from existing meter banks. I ran this by a couple guys at the shop that do commercial of this scale and they thought it was quite odd also.

Is this common pratice?

Thanks

Cavie

People on the right (wrong) coast do some strange things. That doesn happen over here. I would call in a report it.

Derick

..... the electric/meter room was locked. Both mains were closed. I have never known POCO to close a customers main

Is this common pratice?

Thanks

Usually what I see is the lock box which holds the key to electric room.POCO
provides box,lock and keys to the lock.EC or GC mounts the box,GC provides keys to electric room.All tenant mains are inside the room but shunt switch for
main (entire gear) got to be outside

ceb58

Never seen POCO go 1" past the meter. Most I have ever seen is POCO guy check the voltage on the top of meter before installing meter. Then he stands there with a will it go or blow look while you close the breaker.

boboelectric

I can"t see a problem with this.I call for a connect after I got inspected ready to go. I leave a tag on outside service to the status of inside.(main open.good to hook up line power). I like to be there if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.